Real Estate & Zoning
Cors & Bassett’s experienced team of real estate attorneys works with property owners, developers, contractors, investors, and more on a range of real estate transactions.
Services offered to these clients include:
- Negotiation and drafting of commercial and residential real estate purchase and sale contracts
- Recommendations regarding forms of property ownership, minimization of transfer taxes, and structure of real estate purchases and sales
- Drafting real estate deeds
- Representing both lenders and borrowers regarding procurement of real estate financing
- Negotiation and drafting of residential and commercial lease agreements on behalf of landlords and tenants
- Counseling property owners regarding zoning and regulatory compliance and modifications, including requests for variances and zoning reclassifications
- Assisting principals in the planning, construction, and management of residential subdivisions, condominium and planned use developments, and commercial and retail centers
- Representing clients before planning commissions, boards of zoning appeals, and boards of revisions
- Advise clients regarding tax savings, real estate valuation, and tax efficient exchanges
In addition, through Cors & Bassett’s in-house title agency, Sawyer Point Title, Inc., the firm provides title examinations and title opinions, and offers mortgage and owners’ title insurance for commercial real estate transactions.