Michael has many years of experience counseling individuals and companies in need of legal assistance and in representing them in general litigation matters, personal injury and products liability claims, domestic relations matters, will contests, and franchise matters.
Michael is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, a former Chairperson of its Litigation section, and a current member of the Counsel of Delegates. Michael is a member of the Cincinnati Bar Association, and a former Chairperson of the Lawyer Referral Service Advisory Board. He is also a Volunteer Lawyer for the Poor participant. Michael is also a member of the Ohio Association for Justice.
Michael is a lifelong resident of the westside of Cincinnati, where he resides with his wife, Beth. They have four children and seven grandchildren with whom they spend many joyful hours. Michael and his wife are members of St. Antoninus parish where he serves on the Board of the William C. Schott Memorial Association, a charitable organization which owns the athletic fields used by the St. Antoninus children.
Michael received his high school education at St. Xavier High School in Cincinnati, Ohio. He attended the Ohio State University for his undergraduate studies, and obtained his law degree from the University of Cincinnati in 1977.
Michael’s practice is focused primarily in the areas of family, personal injury and litigation matters which include some of the following representation:
- Representation of clients in family law matters involving:
- Spousal support
- Child support
- Property division issues, including valuation of closely held businesses
- Tried or assisted in settlement of hundreds of cases involving issues of disputed liability and damages.
- Experienced litigator involving trials or negotiated resolutions of business disputes.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 1977
- Ohio State University, Bachelor of Arts, 1974
- St. Xavier High School, 1970
Bar / Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals | Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court | Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court | Eastern District of Kentucky
Professional Affiliations / Recognitions
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated