Lydia is a native of rural Northern Kentucky with a long family history in the Cincinnati area. After spending the first decade of her professional career in Jamestown, a small city in the snow belt of Western New York, Lydia returned to Cincinnati in 2018 and joined the estate planning and probate practice group at Cors & Bassett.
Lydia is firmly committed to being engaged in the community, and serves on the Board of Directors for The Carnegie in Covington, Kentucky. While in Jamestown, Lydia also served on the boards of the Jamestown Renaissance Corporation and the Jamestown Bar Association, and was twice recognized as New York State Bar Association Empire State Counsel® for performing pro bono legal services within the community. She is a member of the Kentucky Bar Association, Cincinnati Bar Association, Northern Kentucky Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, and Jamestown (NY) Bar Association.
Lydia met her husband, Kevin, in college, and they are the parents of two impossibly active boys and two dogs. When not at the office, Lydia enjoys running, hiking and biking with her family, reading, and sampling local restaurants.
As an associate in the estate planning and probate practice group with Cors & Bassett, Lydia regularly counsels clients on a variety of issues including wills, financial and medical powers of attorney, and both simple and complex trust planning. Lydia also assists clients with guardianships for elderly and/or disabled family members, as well as the administration of estates and settlement of trusts.
In addition to her estate planning practice, Lydia represents clients in civil litigation matters, including contract disputes, real property disputes, personal injury and products liability litigation, and domestic relations matters. Lydia is licensed to practice law in both Ohio and Kentucky, as well as New York and Pennsylvania.
- University of Kentucky College of Law, 2008
- University of Louisville, B.A. in Political Science, summa cum laude, 2005
Bar / Court Admissions
- Ohio 2019
- Kentucky, 2012
- Pennsylvania, 2009
- New York, 2009
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2018
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 2018
- United States District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 2018
- United States District Court, Western District of New York, 2009
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York, 2009
Professional Affiliations / Recognitions
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Jamestown (NY) Bar Association